Please use the following information and forms for all travel.
State Travel Policy
Travel Advance/Authorization to Travel
Group Travel Notification Form
Travel Expense Report
Lodging Reimbursement Request
For lodging rates outside of state policy
(Montana High Lodging Rate Cities)

Mileage Rates
Allowable Per Diem Rate Plus Taxes (Out-of-state lodging ONLY)

University departments and offices are authorized to approve travel and are responsible for the proper use and management of travel resources.  The managers of departments/offices are responsible to ensure that travel is directly related to an objective of the University, that adequate funds are available and that all travel is in accordance with University Travel Guidelines. 

All travel requires consent of the traveler’s supervisor and approval by the administrator /manager in charge of the departmental index code funding the travel.  Although there is no formal authorization procedure, each Dean/Director should develop travel authorization /approval guidelines that will be used in their unit.

The travel policy allows cost reimbursement to employees and students engage in “official” University travel. Before travel costs can be reimbursed, documentation requirements must be satisfied.  In addition, there are limitations placed on the amount of reimbursement allowed for travel.  These requirements and limitations are explained in the Travel Guidelines.  The Travel Guidelines also include a travel process chart, which provides an overview of the steps required for travel.  For complete information read the State Travel Policy.

Questions concerning travel should be directed to the Travel Desk, (ext. 7101) located in Business Services.